Here are some tutorials on how to build a dress out of a blanket if you have a lot of old blankets that you can’t get rid of.
Dresses are among the most practical garments to own. Weddings, parties, and even slumber parties are all appropriate settings for this accessory.
To see how to make your very own DIY dress, continue reading!
Make your old blanket into a beautiful garment by following these instructions.
- Measurement with a tape
- Using paper to sew
- Chalk on fabric
Methods On How To Make A Dress Out Of A Blanket
Method #1. No-sew dress
This procedure necessitates the use of a minimal number of supplies.
- Paper should be folded into four equal halves for this step (do it vertically, then horizontally). Armholes will be made with this one.
- Step #2: Have someone measure your back and write it down, then take the half-measure of your back.
Once you have 1/4 of that measurement from the neck down, you may then move on to 1/8 of that measurement from the elbow down.
Don’t forget to include it in the paper, too! (Example: 42 cm, 1/2 – 21 cm, and 1/4 – 10.5 cm and 1/8 – 5.25 cm).)
- Step #3: Fold the paper in half and measure the length and width. Then, note it down with the 1/4 and 1/8 measurements. Cut it after that.
- Fold the blanket in half, from one end to the other, as shown in the picture.
- On the folded side, you need to use the half measurement (Ex: 21 cm).
- Step #6: Use a 1/4-inch measurement (ex: 10.5cm) to measure down from the end of the mark made at the nape of the neck.
The circle you drew in the first step can now be used to make a mark.
- Step #7. Be careful in cutting the circle; make sure you are cutting the fabrics together.
Method #2. Sewing method
Make a dress like a professional with this method.
- To begin, measure the distance from your toes to just over your breast with a tape measure.
- In Step #2, lay out your preferred bedding and mark the measurement across it with a ruler. Then, use a utility knife to cut.
Keep any extra fabric in a safe place for future use.
- In step #3, fold the blanket in half vertically and stitch the corners.
- Take the extra blanket and sew the edges together, too.
Sew the second blanket to the first one to make your outfit more sturdier.
- Step #5: Place the sewed side of the blanket in the center on a flat table.
- A conical form is carved out of one side and used to trim the other.
- Pin the conical edges of the blanket to the top of the blanket in step 7.
- Run a stitch across the entire area in this step.
- Take care not to remove too much cloth when you’re cutting a piece of the area.
- A finer stitch can be achieved by refolding the blanket and pinning in the same place.
- Using a tape measure, find out how much space you have between your bust and the bottom of your bra.
From there, measure two inches, then fold and sew the area in tiny equal folds.
- The 12th step. Sewing the garter into place is the final step. Your dress will take on its final form thanks to the choices you make here.
- It’s time to move on to the dress’ straps now that you’ve finished the dress’ abdomen.
You can use a belt, lace, or shoelace in the same color as your blanket to make it more visually appealing.
- Step #14. If you like, you can pin the end of the lace to the dress and enter it through the hole at the top.
- Make sure the strap ends meet, then sew them together.
Folding in the front and back of your garment might help it stand out.
Your old blanket has been transformed into a stylish maxi dress.
It’s fun to get a new outfit, but if you can’t afford it, you won’t enjoy wearing it.
Learning how to build a clothing from a blanket is a life skill that you won’t regret in situations like this.
A lot of people have a strong emotional connection to their possessions. Blankets are frequently the subject of these add-ons.
In the event that you cannot bear to part with your beloved blanket, consider transforming it into a dress instead! In little time at all, you’ll have a fashionable piece of clothing.
The possibilities are endless if you think about repurposing your fabric instead of tossing it away!