Have you ever enjoyed the luxurious serenity of a hotel bed? When you have the chance, all you want to do is curl up in a ball and go to sleep because it is so comfortable. What if, instead, you could create the same relaxing atmosphere in your own house? Our hoteliers will teach you how to make your own hotel-quality bed at home. We’ve cracked the code, and here’s everything you need to know about bedding, from mattresses to pillows.
- How To Get Rid Of Bed Worms? Easy Step-by-step Guide
- How To Get Rid Of Old Bed Frame? A Step-by Step Learning Guide
- How To Put On A Bed Skirt By Yourself? Complete Step-by-Step Guide
- How To Attach Headboard To Dorm Bed? Our List of The Best Dorm Headboards to Buy
- Why Am I Itching In Bed? Things To Do When Itching In Bed
How To Make A Bed Like A Hotel In 10 Steps
An immaculate bed, just like at a fancy hotel, is as easy as 1-2-3. Following is the standard operating process for making beds in a hotel;
First, you will need fitted sheets with elastic corners for a hotel bed setup.
- Wrap the sheet around the mattress by pulling it from each corner.
- Carefully tuck the elastic section under the mattress corner.
Layer the bed like a hotel with a flat sheet
- The flat sheet should be placed face down on the fitted sheet and should hang down on all four corners of the bed in an even manner.
- Make sure the bedding is completely free of creases.
On the top of the flat sheet, place a light blanket.
- The corners of the sheet should be covered by the blanket.
- Any blanket made of linen or cotton is preferable.
Add another flat sheet over the blanket.
- It’s important that this flat sheet is aligned properly with the first one.
- All four corners must be completely sealed.
Stuff the second flat sheet between the first flat sheet and the blanket.
- Extra fabric from the second flat sheet can be tucked in between the first flat sheet and the blanket.
- If your sheet is wrinkled and you want to sleep on a flat surface, simply tuck it under your blanket and smooth it out.
Towards the bottom of the bed, fold the second flat sheet.
- The blanket and the second flat sheet should be placed on top of the first flat sheet.
- Smooth down the creases by the headboard for a more polished appearance.
- The depth to which you fold your sheets depends on how many pillows you plan to use.
The corners need to be folded in.
- First, tuck in the sides, then the corners.
- Next, construct a triangle with the corners and tuck the excess cloth beneath.
- Tucking in the sheet eliminates wrinkles on both sides.
Keep the duvet cover or comforter now.
- Spread the comforter out on the bed, fluff it up, and fold the top down to make room for your pillows.
- Your duvet cover must be a solid color.
Fluff the pillows and place them correctly.
- The first order of business is to ensure that your pillows are adequately fluffed. Regular use tends to flatten and deflate pillows, so fluffing them is necessary to keep them looking nice.
- Pillows should now be arranged so that the largest ones are on the bottom. The long lumbar pillow goes in last, after the square ornamental pillows.
- Duvet covers should be unfolded so that they are even with the top of the bed’s pillows.
Put a throw blanket (optional)
- To further inject the room with color, you may also add a throw blanket.
- You can just sling it over the corner of the blanket’s foot.
Here are some additional details to remember so that your bed looks just like a hotel’s. Check it out!
Choose the Right Mattress
In order to achieve the level of comfort found in luxury hotels, a first-rate bed is required. A bed’s support and comfort levels should be maximized. Hybrid mattresses and memory foam, which combine the best features of both materials, are utilized in the finest hotels across the world. You may have the same sinking-into-the-mattress feeling that you get on hotel mattresses with these. If your mattress base is just right, you can make your bed in no time, just like in a fancy hotel.
Cover Mattress with Protector
Putting a mattress protector over your bed is a great way to offer an extra layer of softness and security while also preventing any wear and tear. In addition to protecting the mattress from dust mites and other pests, a protector can also help keep allergies at bay by keeping dust and grime from touching sensitive skin and lessen the likelihood of spills and stains.
Get Good quality Sheets
Hotels employ high-thread-count cotton sheets of the highest quality. A high thread count is essential for a restful night’s sleep. Why? Since a greater thread count indicates silkier, more comfortable sheets, this is an important consideration. Bedding with a thread count of 300 or more will make your duvet cover and sheets too heavy to use comfortably. A ideal thread count for bedding is between 180 and 300. There are many varieties of cotton sheets used in hotels, including sateen, percale, Egyptian cotton, Supima cotton, and linen. Then, use them on your bed if you want the same quality as the top hotels.
Accessorize it with colorful duvets or comforters
A duvet cover is a thin blanket with buttons or a zipper along the center that conceals a bigger blanket inside. It can be used to hide the true hue of a blanket, shield a comforter, or add fluffiness to an already puffy blanket. How do hotels choose their down comforters? For the coziest sleep, they recommend a white down comforter stuffed with fluffy down feathers. Your bed’s comforter can serve dual purposes as a decorative accent and a thermal blanket.
Layer with right pillows and shams
Hotels give guests a range of options, including different kinds of pillows, to accommodate individual preferences. Their service is luxurious. Select any combination of five pillows, including boudoir pillows, down pillows, feather pillows, and down-alternative pillows, for optimal comfort and spinal alignment. You have a lot of options when it comes to selecting pillows and shams for your bed.
How to make the bed more comfortable/luxurious
Having learned the ins and outs of hotel-style bedmaking, let’s examine the various components that contribute to a restful and opulent appearance of one’s own bed.
Use Accent Pillows
An accent pillow is a great way to inject some much-needed color into a neutral area. You don’t have to buy new bed linens or a comforter to give your room a new look when you utilize them. Throw pillows are a great way to add a personal touch to a room and can be customized to match any color scheme or design scheme. Accent pillows are a great way to experiment with color, whether you’re going for a winter, summer, or spring theme.
Choose a colors scheme for bedding
Your sheets, comforter, and pillowcases should all have a color scheme that works nicely together. Using the color white, for instance, might provide the impression of order and cleanliness. Choose paint colors carefully to ensure they complement the space’s furnishings. If, for whatever reason, the walls are a dark blue, then using lighter colors or white would be preferable.
- Always make sure your bedding is clean and fresh.
If you want your bed to feel like a hotel bed, cleaning your bedding is a must. But spending money on the best equipment alone won’t get the job done. Maintaining proper bed hygiene is therefore essential. Keep your linens clean by washing them twice a week and by dry cleaning your pillows once a week. The same goes for your blankets; they need to be washed frequently.
- Turn on the lights to make it cozy
Keep the lights in your room at a comfortable level. Instead, take a cue from the hotel industry and go for a plush yet practical design. It’s surprising how much the way a room is lit can affect its mood. Consider the number of windows, their placement, and the layout of the room to determine the best method of illumination. It’s important to adjust the lighting’s intensity and warmth to suit the room’s design and the preferences of your guests.
You now know how to make your home feel more like a 5-star resort. Your bedroom should be a peaceful retreat. Keep it clean and luxurious like a five-star hotel room, but make sure it still reflects who you are.
I really do wish you well!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do hotels use white bedding?
Most hotels opt for white linens because they connote cleanliness and opulence.
What comforter do hotels use?
Hotels frequently employ comforters made of down feathers.
What type of pillows should be used in a hotel room?
Select any combination of five pillows, including boudoir pillows, down pillows, feather pillows, and down-alternative pillows, for optimal comfort and spinal alignment.