People who suffer from health issues or simply want a more comfortable night’s sleep can benefit from using an adjustable bed. A person shopping for an adjustable bed might want to think about the advantages, features, price, guarantees, and quality.
Individuals who suffer from conditions like acid reflux may benefit from sleeping on a bed that can be adjusted to meet their needs. People who like to read or watch TV in bed favor these types of beds as well.
In this piece, we’ll talk about the perks of using an adjustable bed, along with some things to think about and some alternatives to consider.
Explain the meaning of a bed that can be adjusted to your preferences.
The feet, head, or both can be raised and lowered with the push of a button on many modern models of electronic adjustable beds.
Many mattress stores selling mattresses online also sell adjustable bed frames, so you can find one that works with the mattress of your choice.
Health issues like acid reflux and sleep apnea may benefit from having the head elevated.
One 2012 study (Reliable Source) found that people who slept with their heads elevated had fewer episodes of acid reflux symptoms like heartburn and had better overall sleep quality.
A 2017 study of similar size also According to Reliable Source, people with sleep apnea reported less severe symptoms when sleeping in an inclined position. They also didn’t have any trouble falling asleep or staying asleep.
When investigating the effects of sleep, researchers rarely take into account the mattress and frame used. Adjustable bed manufacturers should be approached with caution if they make general claims about the improvement of health conditions.
Some research suggests that inactivity like watching TV or working in bed can diminish the quality of sleep. The American Academy of Sleep Medicine recommends that people only use their bed for sleeping and sexual activity, and that they turn off all electronic devices 30 minutes before bedtime.
Criteria for evaluating a movable mattress
One might want to think about these things before buying an adjustable bed frame:
- the cost
- both the product’s quality and the materials used to make it
- if their current mattress can be used with an adjustable bed or if they will need to purchase a new one
- impartial evaluations of the product and its provider
- features and customization options it provides
- length of time a product is guaranteed to work properly
- options for having something shipped to you
- methods of waste disposal and recycling
See if the pillow that brings you peace of mind is the one for you.
The Purple Harmony Pillow, which calls itself “the greatest pillow ever invented,” is made to gently support your head and neck while keeping you comfortable and asleep.
BUY IN PURPOSE
Acquiring a working knowledge of the jargon
One may not be familiar with all the terminology used to describe adjustable beds. In the following, we’ll take a look at some of the most typical.
- Wall-hugging: That’s how close you want your bed to be to the wall. No matter how the bed is arranged during or after a transition, the gap between it and the wall will be eliminated thanks to this innovative technology.
- Situations with no gravity: This alludes to the fact that there exists a bed position or a point of transition between two positions that can give the impression of weightlessness.
- Workplace ergonomics: That the product has been specifically designed to accommodate the human body.
- Whisper-quiet: That means the various mechanisms for the frame’s functions are as quiet as a whisper.
There are 5 main advantages to having an adjustable bed.
The author of this piece would like to point out that he or she has not used any of the products mentioned. There is no anecdotal evidence or personal opinion included in this report.
In addition to selling mattresses, Purple also offers adjustable bed frames. Their website boasts that their adjustable bed frames have:
- illumination for the area beneath the bed
- USB ports
- a simple push of a button can reset the bed to its flat state.
- with a bed and frame that can be adjusted to different heights
- a weightlessness when shifting between states
- capability of massaging
- Positions of the head can be adjusted as desired.
They offer multiple service-based warranties on their adjustable beds. There are many, but some of them are:
- The 1-year warranty covers both parts and labor.
- Guarantee on motors for two years
- Only the components will be covered for the first 5 years.
- Warranty Period: Twenty (20) Years
A mattress is not included with the base purchase. Unless one already owns a mattress designed to work with an adjustable base, this is a separate item that must be purchased.
There is an online store where you can buy a purple PowerBase.
Saatva Solaire Adjustable Mattress
Saatva is an internet-based mattress retailer that provides hybrid mattresses. They offer two levels of personalization with their Solaire Adjustable Mattress and Lineal Adjustable Base.
The website claims that the mattress’s firmness can be adjusted with air pressure, and that the user can change their head and foot position with the base’s remote. Under-bed lighting, wall-hugging capability, and a three-setting massage function are just some of the features offered by the adjustable base.
- with a 180-day at-home test
- no cost for shipping
- setup at no cost
- Disposal of Used Mattresses
- guarantee for 25 years
- You can opt for a partial bed rise or a full one.
Both the mattress and the adjustable base are included in the purchase of this bed, but one can also purchase just the mattress if desired.
There is no in-home trial period or return policy for the Lineal Adjustable Base.
This page serves as a storefront for the sale of the Saatva Solaire Adjustable Mattress.
DreamCloud’s Adjustable Bed Frame
DreamCloud provides both hybrid mattresses and adjustable bases. You can buy either one independently from them.
The bed’s frame can be adjusted to three different heights for the head and foot, and it also offers a massage function, a zero-gravity sensation when shifting positions, and quick assembly.
The DreamCloud website boasts the following services:
- guarantee for three years
- a home test for 50 days
- returns are free of charge
- Funding for Eligible Individuals
The DreamCloud Adjustable Bed Frame is for sale on their website.
Ghostbed Adjustable Base Combo Bundle
Ghostbed is an online mattress store that sells foam and hybrid mattresses, with the option to purchase both the mattress and a frame that allows for a customized sleep position.
It’s possible to adjust the height of your bed using a handheld remote. The bed can be raised at the head and foot, has a silent massage feature, built-in lights, and USB outlets.
There is a lifetime limited warranty on the bed frame.
- The first year that a customer owns the frame, they are covered 100 percent for any and all costs associated with repairs (including shipping, assembly, and parts replacement).
- There is a one-year warranty on labor and a one-year warranty on parts.
- The steel frame and all mechanical components contained within it are covered by the limited lifetime warranty.
The website boasts that these benefits are available with the purchase of the company’s adjustable bed base and mattress set:
- You can try the bed for 101 nights.
- free delivery
- guarantee for 20 years
- Mobile controls that don’t rely on wires
- bedstead that has already been assembled
You can get the Ghostbed with an adjustable base by purchasing a special online bundle.
Latex for Less Adjustable Base
The medium-firm, flippable, and adjustable mattress offered by Latex for Less is made entirely of natural latex.
An adjustable base is one of the many benefits that Latex for Less advertises.
- maximum head angle of 60 degrees
- feet at a 45-degree angle
- with its three default settings—Zero Gravity, Anti-Snore, and Flat—it’s ideal for any situation.
- two selectable settings
- a motor as silent as a mouse
- no cost shipping
- 20 years of coverage, with increasing protections, from the manufacturer
Both the bed itself and the mattress can be purchased from Latex for Less.
You can get your hands on a Latex for Less Adjustable Base right now if you head over to Amazon.
Optional Variations on the Fully-Adjustable Bed
While there are alternatives to expensive adjustable bed frames, the choice is yours.
- The Mattress Genie is a triangular pillow that is placed between the mattress and the bed frame to prop up the head of the bed.
- Having a few extra pillows around can help someone get comfortable with a slight elevation of the head or feet, or even just a little extra cushion between the knees.
- Raising the head, neck, and shoulders with the help of a bed rest is a comfortable and supportive option.
Considerations Before Buying an Adjustable Bed
These days, you’re just as likely to find an adjustable bed in a home as a hospital. There is a wider range of options available at lower prices, new features can be added, and the beds no longer look like they belong in a hospital.
Please refer to Choosing a Mattress for more information.
Although adjustable beds come in a variety of styles, most allow the user to adjust the height of the head and feet independently. Because of the significant weight redistribution that occurs in this position, it can be helpful for alleviating back pain.
Adjustable Bed Base Often Sold Separately
Although some manufacturers offer a complete bed with an adjustable base, this is not the norm. The majority of mattresses can be used with this base. No need for a box spring here.
Adjustable Bed Features
Parts of the bed can be raised or lowered at the touch of a button on a remote control. Varying numbers of changes are made. The more customizable features there are, the higher the price tag (and the greater the likelihood of something going wrong). Some models have the following extras:
- Firmness can be adjusted specifically the lower back’s lumbar region
- Massages, such as a foot massager that also functions as an alarm
- Automatic timer that re-flattens the bed after use after the proprietor has gone to bed
Standard sizes for adjustable beds include twin, queen, and king. The settings (incline) can be adjusted independently for each side of a bed that is split into a queen and a king. As a result, the seam between the two mattresses can be a sore spot for some partners.
Find the Best Mattress and Sleeping Position for Your Specific Type of Back Pain here!
Additional Considerations for an Adjustable Bed
In most cases, people have never slept on a bed that can be adjusted to their specific needs. Consider the following:
- people who sleep together The noise made by the motor to make the adjustments might be too much for the person sleeping next to you. It’s been advertised that certain models have more discrete motors than others.
- Take into account purchasing a bed to try out. You should probably shop at a place that lets you return or exchange items without penalty within 30 days. A new bed may feel uncomfortable for the first few nights, sometimes even a week. Trying a bed out for a few minutes in the store is not always a reliable indicator of how well you will sleep on it for an entire night.
Learn Mattress Rating Criteria Here
- the weight of frames varies weigh anywhere between 150 and 700 minus the bed’s mattress. This can make it tough to relocate the bed, and the weight may be too much for some flooring types.
- For financial and logistical reasons warranty on the foundation, and the seller’s return policy. Unexpectedly, some buyers have found out that their warranty does not protect every component. If a customer purchases a bed from an online retailer and later decides to return it, the store may make them pay for return shipping.
- There is also the question of cost and functionality. The prices vary widely, beginning at around $2,000 and going up to around $10,000. When it comes to quality, you shouldn’t always expect to pay more. The massage function, the length of the warranty, and the ability to adjust the height of either side of the bed independently all contribute to the higher prices.
To learn more about what to look out for when purchasing a new mattress, check out Buying
Purchase Price assistance
The high initial investment of an adjustable bed can be mitigated in a number of ways. Some examples:
- Individuals who are on the fence about purchasing an adjustable bed may want to try renting one first from a medical supply company.
- If your doctor prescribes an adjustable bed, your health insurance may cover the cost of purchasing it.
- A doctor’s prescription may be required in order to avoid sales tax on an adjustable bed in some states.
If you don’t have access to an adjustable bed, you can use pillows to achieve the same effect by propping up the upper body (taking care to support the lower back) and tucking a pillow under the knees. A similar elevated position for the upper body and legs can be achieved with a variety of wedge-shaped cushion sets. You can find these pillowcase sets in a variety of stores.
Check out Neck Support Pillows and the Top Pillows for Each Sleeping Position.
The decision to purchase an adjustable bed should be based primarily on the patient’s own preferences. In the end, the best option is the bed or mattress that allows the patient to sleep without experiencing any additional discomfort.
Users of adjustable beds can alter their sleeping position by elevating either their head or feet, or both.
Some evidence suggests that sleeping with an elevated head may help with certain health conditions, such as acid reflux or sleep apnea, but there is a lack of sleep studies that include the use of adjustable beds.
When looking for an adjustable bed, one should think about price, materials, reviews, and guarantees.