Are you interested in purchasing an adjustable bed but not sure where to start?
When you don’t have a specific goal in mind, furniture shopping can be equal parts thrilling and exhausting.
Selecting home appliances is an important step.
Your goals and personal tastes are just two of the many factors that should be taken into account.
At other times, however, you might value aesthetics more highly than the ability to relax.
Either one, or both, may be desired.
This article will help you choose an adjustable bed that fits you like a glove.
What is an adjustable bed?
Many contemporary models of adjustable beds can be electronically adjusted for height (of the head, the feet, or both).
Many online mattress stores also sell adjustable bed frames, as they are compatible with a wide range of mattresses.
Conditions like acid reflux and sleep apnea may respond well to a head rest that raises the body’s upper body.
A 2012 studyReliable Source found that people who slept with their heads elevated experienced less acid reflux symptoms like heartburn and a higher quality, more restful night’s sleep.
A 2017 study of similar size also According to Reliable Source, people with sleep apnea reported less severe symptoms when sleeping in an inclined position. They also didn’t have any complaints about how comfortable their sleep was.
When studying sleep, scientists rarely take into account the mattress or bed frame used. Thus, one should be wary of manufacturers who make general claims about the efficacy of their adjustable beds for treating a wide range of ailments.
A person’s quality of sleep could be negatively impacted by their habit of watching television or doing work in bed. The American Academy of Sleep Medicine recommends that, at least 30 minutes before bedtime, all electronic devices be turned off and the bed be used solely for sleeping and sexual activity.
Steps To Pick Out An Adjustable Bed
Beds that can be adjusted to your preferred position come in a wide range of styles and options from a variety of manufacturers.
Consequently, without a clear idea of what you need, it would be difficult to choose one at the hardware store.
You should think about taking a number of different actions that together can lead to success and bringing home the bacon.
Your search for the perfect adjustable bed will be much more informed after reading this article.
This is the one purchase you won’t be sorry you made.
Here, then, is a sequence of recommendations for finding the best adjustable bed possible.
Here they are, finally:
Step #1. Identify what you are looking for
In order to save time at the hardware store, you should probably decide on your must-haves for an adjustable bed before you go shopping.
Should it be able to give you a massage?
Is a split personality what you’re after?
A bed that you have to manually adjust?
Depending on the make and model, adjustable beds come in a wide variety of styles.
You should know which of these categories represents your ideal financial investment.
Step #2. Determine your price range
We understand that some of you are on a tight budget or simply prefer to keep your spending to a minimum.
Price tags for adjustable beds typically fall between $1,000 and $3,500.
However, there are inexpensive options available.
The manufacturing cost of an adjustable bed will reflect the level of sophistication used in its construction.
Some are based on factors like how comfortable the bed is.
Best adjustable bed? No need to break the bank.
Step #3. Research
You can do some homework if you’re having trouble deciding between all the options for an adjustable bed.
Learn the advantages and disadvantages of your best options.
The massaging functions of some types of adjustable beds, for instance, can help relieve stress.
As an added bonus, it may also help you get a restful night’s sleep.
However, the motors in some massage beds can be quite loud.
However, you can look into brands that offer both massage and silent operation.
You can find out how much they cost, what kinds of mattresses they have, and what other details interest you.
You can do this now, or later on when you’re out looking for a bed frame that allows for adjustments.
Step #4. Be familiar with the location of hardware stores
This is not required, but it might help save time if you’re short on it.
Write down in your notes all the local hardware and mattress shops.
It’s also a good idea to include the address and a list of the available adjustable bed brands.
With this information, you can have a much better idea of what kinds of items are sold in that shop.
You can skip this part if you’d rather just go on a road trip.
Step #5. Off you go
What you’ve learned thus far equips you to begin your search for adjustable beds.
Don’t worry, we don’t think you’ll have any trouble locating one.
Step #6. Scan and check
Allow yourself to be undecided at this time.
Our advice is to take a look around before making any purchases; you never know when or where you might find a hidden gem.
Check out what’s on display in the store, especially the various types of adjustable beds.
In addition, you may want to look into their costs, as some of them may be prohibitively expensive.
Step two involves requesting a demonstration of the product’s appealing qualities from a member of staff.
You can also try it out for yourself to see how comfortable and adaptable it is.
Step #7. Reserve
If you only went to one of the stores on your list, you should ask the person who helped you if they can hold an item for you.
Then, if you find better deals at other stores, check them out.
Do not risk forgetting your best options; write them down.
Step #8. Finalize
After checking out all of the stores, pick the best one.
Here, you should think about a lot of factors, like the bed’s price and quality.
You’ll be able to see how well-known the brand is, as well as how highly rated its products, services, and guarantee are.
Think about your budget and your needs, and then choose the most comfortable and high-quality bed you’ve seen.
The number of adjustable beds sold by a company can be estimated based on how well-known the brand is.
Thus, it is safe to assume that many individuals have faith in this brand due to its widespread recognition.
Don’t overlook their assistance and assurance of quality.
If there are any issues with the bed or the transaction, you can contact them.
What to look for in an adjustable bed
The following are some things to think about before purchasing an adjustable bed frame:
- total expense
- quality of construction and components
- if their existing mattress can be used with an adjustable bed or if they will need to purchase a new one.
- opinions not affiliated with the seller or producer
- due to its versatility and plethora of settings
- the time frame of the product’s guarantee or warranty
- potential means of transport
- options for waste recycling
Getting to know the terminology
One may not be familiar with all the terminology used to describe adjustable beds. Several of the most frequent are discussed below.
- The term “wall-hugging” describes a mattress placed close to a wall. No matter how the bed is arranged during or after a transition, the gap between it and the wall will be eliminated thanks to this innovative technology.
- The term “zero gravity” describes how shifting your body into a specific position on the bed can make you feel as though you’ve been lifted into the air.
- Products with ergonomic designs are made with the human body in mind.
- The various mechanisms for the frame’s functions operate at a volume no louder than a person whispering.
5 of the best adjustable beds
The author of this piece would like to point out that she has not used any of the items mentioned. The content of this article is based solely on scholarly research.
In addition to selling mattresses, Purple also offers adjustable bed frames. On their website, they boast that their adjustable bed frames have:
- bedside reading lamps
- Plug-and-Play interfaces
- The bed can be easily put back into its flat position with the push of a button.
- bed and frame both have height adjustments
- transitions that are weightless
- massage capabilities
- Positions of the head can be adjusted as desired.
There are a variety of service-based guarantees available for their adjustable beds. A few examples are as follows:
- 1 year guarantee on parts and labor
- Warranty on motors for two years
- 5-year limited-parts warranty
- 20-Year Limited Warranty Period
There is no mattress included with the foundation. This means that unless one already owns a mattress that works with an adjustable base, they will need to make a separate purchase.
Saatva Solaire Adjustable Mattress
Saatva is a web-based bed manufacturer that provides hybrid mattresses. They offer two levels of personalization with their Solaire Adjustable Mattress and Lineal Adjustable Base.
The website claims that the mattress’s firmness can be adjusted with air pressure, and that the user can change their head and foot position with the base’s remote. The adjustable base can be made to hug the wall, has three different massage intensities, and has lights for under the bed.
What the business has to offer:
- an at-home test period of 180 nights
- Free Shipping
- Free Installation
- Disposal of Used Mattresses
- guarantee for 25 years
- options for both partial and complete bed-raising
A full adjustable bed, including mattress and base, is available, but the mattress can be purchased separately.
There is no in-home trial period or option to return or exchange the Lineal Adjustable Base.
DreamCloud’s Adjustable Bed Frame
In addition to hybrid mattresses, DreamCloud also sells a bed frame that allows for a variety of sleeping positions. They offer the two items independently for purchase.
The adjustable bed frame provides three different height settings for the head and feet, a massage function, a zero-gravity sensation when shifting positions, and simple assembly.
The DreamCloud website claims that the firm provides:
- assurance for a period of three years
- 50 days of testing at home
- returns are free of charge
- Obtainable funding for deserving applicants
Ghostbed Adjustable Base Combo Bundle
Ghostbed provides adjustable bed frames in addition to their foam and hybrid mattresses.
A handy wireless remote controls the bed’s adjustable features. The bed can be raised at the head and foot, has a silent massage feature, built-in lights, and USB outlets.
There is a limited lifetime warranty on the bed frame.
- The first year that a customer owns the frame, they are covered 100% for any problems that may arise (including the cost of shipping, installation, and replacement parts).
- The second year of coverage is a parts-only guarantee.
- The mechanical components within the base and the steel frame are covered by the limited lifetime warranty.
The website boasts the benefits that the adjustable bed base and mattress set provides:
- offering a sleep trial of 101 nights on the bed
- Without cost to the customer
- Twenty years of protection
- Wireless controls
- ready-to-use bed structure
Latex for Less Adjustable Base
The medium-firm, flippable, and adjustable latex mattress from Latex for Less features a natural, eco-friendly latex cover and a supportive, resilient core.
Adjustable base features, as advertised by Latex for Less:
- maximum of 60 degrees for the head
- Feet at a 45-degree angle
- Zero-G, Anti-Snore, and Flat are the three default positions.
- two selectable settings
- extremely quiet operation
- Shipping on the house, no charge
- tiered 20-year coverage warranty
Mattresses and bed frames are two distinct products that Latex for Less offers.
Alternatives to adjustable beds
The price of an adjustable bed frame may deter some, but there are less expensive alternatives.
- The Mattress Genie is a triangular pillow that is placed between the mattress and the bed frame to lift the head of the mattress.
- Extra pillows can be used to prop up the head or feet, or to cushion the space between the knees.
- Bed rests are a comfortable and supportive way to elevate the upper body.
And that is how to pick out an adjustable bed.
We hope that this article will serve as a guide on your upcoming transactions.
Don’t hesitate to invest in something that could give you the ultimate comfort and reliability.
So, get an adjustable bed, and here are the reasons why.